Planning Permit Applications
PPD offers advice on legislation, processes and procedures. We create a development assessment of major applications detailing statutory and strategic planning, environmental, catchment and infrastructure issues.
To give you an understanding of some of the different planning applications we have become involved with over the past 12 months, please refer to the list below:
Applications and amendments
Shepparton Planning Scheme Amendments – Section 96A amendments and planning permit applications for C78, 91 and 95. Expert witness reports for neighbourhood shopping centre of 16,000m2 (Shepparton) – new retail outlets for SPC Ardmona Foods (2000m2 Kialla) – new 3800m2 supermarket (Mooroopna). Issues covered included Net Community Benefit, retial centre hierarchy, urban design and streetscape policy.
Section 96A amendment for material Recycling Facility at 988 Tower Hill Road. Tower Hill. This facility will be the first facility within the Warrnambool area is to recycle brick, concrete and timber from demolition. It will be located within an existing scoria quarry.
- 6 lot subdivision – Low Density Residential Zone, Sweeneys Lane Eltham. Net Gain to be on site, building and effluent envelopes identified. Failure appeal lodged. VCAT agreed with applicant for on site net gain. Permit issued.
- 12 lot subdivision – Low Density Residential Zone, Mailors Flat. Expert witness report to VCAT for applicant – abutting LDRZ objectors + concrete plant. Permit issued.
- 9 lot subdivision – Residential 1 Zone Red Cliffs, permit issued.
Extension to terrace houses in heritage overlays on lots less than 300m2:
- 73 Victoria Avenue Middle Park – two storey extension at rear, permit issued
- 84 Rowena Parade Richmond – appeal over Council failure + conditions, appeal upheld
- 137 Richardson Street Albert Park – appeal over impositions of 10 degree sightline
Commercial & Industrial development
- Metal fabrication in Industrial 1 Zone – 3 Sandown Avenue Mildura – modify planning permit to allow for fabrication (<10,000 tonnes p.a.), residents object on the issue of compliance with buffer distances and appeal lodged. Acoustic report demonstrated compliance with SEPP-N1 appeal withdrawn, permit issued.
- George Weston Foods – $150 million redevelopment of the former KR Castlemaine Bacon food processing site at 66 Richards Road Castlemaine.